PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2009, 00:41
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iomapaseo
If there is a purpose to this post you are going to have to spell it out.
Your post doesn't reference any preceeding posting. although I was the one who first drew the parallel with this accident.
I can't figure out where the application of the words humility and arrogance apply.
It has to do with people who think that an era with that sort of planes flown by real pilots was great , but they fail to remind us that they could also end up in an unmanageable situation, electronics or not, cables or not. As a matter of fact, and examples abound, if the set-up was that simple, they just proved that they could fail in a much simpler situation and the safety attached to simpler airplanes is a myth.
Hence my remark about humility and arrogance.
BTW, I could also have posted the reference of - yet another DC-8 in January 1996 -which overran the runway after failing to arm the spoilers and losing reversers 2 and 4 (No automatics, they say, the pilot is always in control...NOT !!!)
As for reference to any preceding post, sorry I can’t remember all the details of this thread amidst all the garbage some have heaped on its pages.
The fundamental problem was conducting the test in low visibility trying to keep out of icing and while concentrating on how far into a real stall they were failed to recognize their attitude and the unwinding altimeter.
That’s your assumption, with which I certainly do not agree… I do not think for one second (see the exchange between the XL pilot and the ANZ jumpseater) that they intended to fly outside the low speed test they had – very quickly – planned.