PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Viz Jackets - Mandatory at GA Airfields?
Old 6th Mar 2009, 22:29
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TCAS FAN
I would be very interested in seeing the risk assessments carried out
We know you would...because, let's face it, we know that reviewing risk assessments provides the ultimate sense of achievement in your life.

Now then - truth time. Do you now hold, or have you at any time held, any form of flight crew licence?...and if so, what do you fly, and from where?

I'm genuinely interested to know. I can see if you were a career ATPL who has spent 20 years largely avoiding being run down by catering trucks whilst trying to do a walk-round at hundreds of busy commercial airports, you would be a fervent advocate of a bit of dayglo fabric, because, frankly, so would I...in that context.

But I'm not a 20-year career ATPL with bad experiences of catering trucks, and - I have an edible hat on standby - neither are you. I'm a PPL flying from an average flying club.

In the context of the average UK flying club, mandatory carriage and wearing of these (highly flammable) bits of kit form a travesty of a genuine safety culture - it is of little surprise then, then those of us who actually fly find the didactic - bordering on the fetishistic - preaching on the subject of those who don't rather trying, to say the least.

Last edited by eharding; 6th Mar 2009 at 22:42.