PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 14:50
paweas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Romanian pilot battling with an A320 was not a pre fbw A300 or A 310 it took place at the paris airshow i believe (could be wrong on location) the video clearly shows the aircraft wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of control and the Romanian pilot fighting to stabilize the aircraft which thanks to his skill he eventually did,but with a few spots on his underwear presumably, i will dig the video out and post it on you tube,
however it clearly demonstrates a stubborn overly engineered aircraft refusing to submit to the pilots wishes,perhaps the pilot had the wrong mode thingy switched on or off......Perhaps he did not recieve the correct training.........

actually i remember that in the same video david learmonth from flight global or flight safety had mentioned he thought that it was almost "CRIMINAL" the way new Airbus pilots were trained.

hence a BIG FU*KOFF PUSH BUTTON would surely have worked a treat that day

someone mentioned that with the recent 320 accident the pilot was in direct law.......
obviously wasn't that direct if the aircraft would not respond to pilot inputs
btw...i have no preference over Airbus or Boeing they're both fine aircraft
Dont get me wrong i think technology is a good thing when used to ease pilot's workload not increase it in an emergency situation as seemed to have happened all too commonly in recent incidents and accidents.......