PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 02:55
stickyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paweas
THINK IT'S TIME AIRBUS/BOEING INSTALLED A BIG FU**OFF BUTTON ON THE OVERHEAD PANEL...

PUSH FOR AEROPLANE...........PUSH FOR COMPUTER.........

while i cautiously agree automation is the way forward there have been too many incidents/accidents with the modern logic's of so-called aircraft protection either by bad design or pilot misunderstanding/training.

direct law,alt law,normal law
there should be only one blo*DY law

PILOT's LAW.........

I humbly fly a 172 when i turn the yoke right woopee.. the aircraft banks right,i press the brake the aircraft stops,whats so different with modern jets ?

You seem to show a remarkable lack of understanding of techonology.
I can see why you want such a button, but have you really considered the consequences of switching off the computers?

How do you think speed and altitude are calculated? The give away phrase there is calculated, not measured. Yes, by a computer.

Unless you have a mechanical linkage all the way from the lever to the fuel valve, you have a computer in there somewhere.

Unless you have a mechanical linkage all the way from you feet to the rudder, there's a computer in there somewhere.

There must be many many discrete computing elements in modern jets - just which ones would you like the big button to switch off?

Even if you come up wit a list, how do you ensure the list is correct for every conceivable possibility?