PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 02:00
paweas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THINK IT'S TIME AIRBUS/BOEING INSTALLED A BIG FU**OFF BUTTON ON THE OVERHEAD PANEL...

PUSH FOR AEROPLANE...........PUSH FOR COMPUTER.........

while i cautiously agree automation is the way forward there have been too many incidents/accidents with the modern logic's of so-called aircraft protection either by bad design or pilot misunderstanding/training.

direct law,alt law,normal law
there should be only one blo*DY law

PILOT's LAW.........

I humbly fly a 172 when i turn the yoke right woopee.. the aircraft banks right,i press the brake the aircraft stops,whats so different with modern jets ?

we have overcome a wave of accidents in the 60s,70s and 80s caused by weather,pilot error,failover and atc errors only to enter the new milenium with a host of altogether new problems, self created seemingly...the more systems they develop to help pilots they just seem to move a step further to removing more control from a pilot.

Recent AMS 737 springs to mind,pilots have forgotten how to fly the damm plane because they have sooooo much other crap to contend with..can i do this ? ...what will happen if i do that...can this be done in this or that mode......
(anyone remember the Romanian pilot dueling with a 320 midair trying to regain control way back...)

Flying an aircraft should be instinctive regardless of size or complexity would be interesting to see how many pilots of modern advanced jets would fare plopped back into the cockpit of an ole 172 in IMC ..point being the pilot should AWAYS..ALWAYS BE AHEAD OF THE AIRCRAFT AT ALL TIMES.
like i said i'm all for modern technology but tecnology designed BY PILOTS FOR PILOTS not by some computer geek in the comfort of an office, in my opinion a lot of these systems should never have been certified if even a remote chance of failure or misdiagnosis can occur which has surely been an indirect if not direct cause of many accidents.This concerns me as a passenger and a pilot.

Also until the CVR transcript is released we dont know sh*t would'nt be the first time we were fed BS in a report........