PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 20:55
flyer146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recovery...

-hi mate! as you are sending me "back" to the sim for practice (which I always enjoy and find profitable), may I send you back to aerodynamics basic courses and common sense ?
-D-EAS curve ; position of this acft on it at 500ft ; recovery in landing configuration AFTER recovery from the TOTAL loss of sit.awareness...eventual change of PNF to PF for the LTC , planet earth coming fast to embrass you etc...Can you try to put yourself at this place and think for a moment maybe ? And just stop about thinking about your sim a bit, where you just expect the shaker with your hands ready for the perfect recovery...
-I'm sure you are just kidding me while you say that this stick shaker recovery is feasable. Well, guess what, the facts just seem to proove that it's not ! Not after this total and long loss of SA.
-Sorry to say again, but the tragic end was written well before the shaker.
-How come NOBODY was flying the plane ? That's the question but we are far from an answer I'm afraid !

flyer146

P.S : someone talked about AVRO/BOEING comparison. Do not forget that the English were the first to manage the Autolands years ago, what ? due to the weather in UK ? might be yes ! Still the AVRO is much more advanced in this technology than the Boeing, I've flown both, not to be compared ! (in this particular area of course...).