PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria
Thread: Virgin Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 11:24
DRPAM007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
latest with VK

Though it's an old story, but it's good to be proved wrong sometime. And VK proved me wrong! I did predict that unless there's a radical change in management strategy, the long haul operation will not survive past 31st December 2008. The HR lady was surprised when I told her that on my exit interview, but I did add that, the airline had all the potential for success any organisation could hope for except management strategy and group synergy.

Well, it did survive past that date, even if by only 27 days.

Now back to the future.............
From current evidence, it appears that VK is in a situation where:

"A B737 on take off roll on a wet runway, losses one engine after V1 and just before VR noticed the other engine fire....."

They're unsure whether to risk the overun by aborting well after V1 and degraded braking, or to rotate and hope the engine on fire survives a low level circuit in rain ( some even hope the rain will help put out the engine fire).
In either case, it is not going to be pleasant.

To make mattters worse, they're delaying taking "the vital decision! Meanwhile, the fire rages and what's left of the runway further diminishes!

I shall leave the riddle as it is and Consult my crystal Balls, even I will need more than one Ball!

Last edited by DRPAM007; 7th Mar 2009 at 21:09.