PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2009, 20:27
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOTE TO MODS - you are removing so many posts that many of the remaining ones don't make any sense, BTW my sympathies with the amount of cr@p that you do actually have to remove. . . . . however,

There is no way that a A/T deciding to select RETARD ( & really I have had enough Rad Alt problems to doubt this, the learned Dutch investigators summary notwithstanding ) can be seen as an excuse for total lack of attention on the part of 3 experienced pilots (15000/3000/2000 hr respectively) to monitor what keeps 60 odd tons of Boeing in the sky. . . . lift. . . . produced by the flow of air = AIRSPEED over an aerofoil section.
Jesus Christ 40kts less than Vref and nobody hears sees or feels (and to answer a previous poster YES blindfold me & I will still tell you the difference ) something is SO wrong . Jeezuz this was a loooong way out of shape, it truly horrifies me that things can get this bad & no-one notices.
As an aside, someone should really give this report to Michael O'Leary and ask him to ask Ray Conway if he is really OK about having Capt's with 4500hr total time & 1year experience as Capt operating as Line Trainers. . .

Feckin shabby if you ask me . . . to both the above points.