PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 15:24
Old_Fokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Credibility !

I know it's quite infuriating, reporters are writing long winded articles about how the Captain saved dozens of lives by "bringing the wings down level." Do they even know who was flying the plane? Do they know what level of control the pilots had over the plane?
The press will print whatever they are told. And when a 'self-proclaimed eye-witness' contacts the Turkish press himself with a thrilling account of what he allegedly saw/heard coupled with a completely baseless interpretation of the turkish crews' 'heroic actions', don't be suprised it eventually gets printed without much fact-checking.

crashresident:

I am sorry but to me you come across as someone who likes to be in the centre of the attention. You even complained about Dutch TV channel RTL not broadcasting the interview which they allegedly did with you on this tragic event. I am sorry but to me, that undermines your whole credibility as an alleged eyewitness (and all other statements on the accident, for that matter).

----
Was not thinking of participating in this thead (which I have been reading with great interest though) but I smelled a rat and I just thought that a word of caution was needed.

OldFokker