PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Salary
Thread: Air Asia Salary
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 15:17
Little Miss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerospace101,l

As a 24 Year old white female when I went to work for Air Asia on the whole I was accepted. Yes there were some issues with some captains, but similar problems have been encountered over in the UK.

I m not going to get into to the whole should you pay the money to do a type rating as its an arguement we ve been through a million times. But I will say OUCH!! Thats alot of money to bein debt with no guaranteed job at the end. After all I was made redundant in September with 1700+ on type and still can t find a job.

Living in Malaysia is lovely, it is multi cultural and cheaper than the UK. There is good night life, and for that plucky 20 year old rich kid then they will love it as Pilot is still God over there, we got into the best night clubs and VIP.
You can get some really amazing accomodation out there, I had a 3 bed 17th floor apartment for 2800RM a month in KL. But as these guys aren t getting paid much then I guess they can find much cheaper or bunk in together

As for Air Asia, Tony is a friendly guy and you will be treated like family. Some issues with some captains and some CRM issues, but if you ve done your training and know how to sweet talk the you will be fine.
As for being the woman, most female pilots I ve met don t stand for sexism and are fully aware on how to win a difficult sexist Captain round.
Hope this helps