PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 11:48
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC
I believe Lemurian replied assuring me that those readings were false and due to 'unusual manoeuvres. His reply has been lost in the body count. I SUSPECT I probably have more experience of 'unusual manoueuvres' in swept wing a/c than he, and have NEVER seen that size of CAS fluctuation, not even with a wing mounted pitot and certainly not with a c/l set.
What I wrote was that these readings are in all probability the result of the pitot/static sensors being in a vastly disturbed airflow...nothing more and nothing less...Could we call them "transients" ?
As for our respective experiences...as the Arabs say : Maalesh ! At least over you I have the advantage as both the 737 and the 320 are among my ratings.
But you're right, I've never ever flown any of my jets in (as opposed to into ) a stall...old and not bold, alas !

Beagle
Presumably manual pitch trim overrides auto-trim?
This indeed makes the lack of THS movement all the more mysterious; was it frozen, being incorrectly commanded to the extreme pitch limit as a consequence of multiple AoA detection system failures - or did the crew simply make no attempt to use the manual pitch trim?
Yes, man trim overrides auto-trim.
As for the un-moved THS, yes we need more data...

Last edited by Lemurian; 2nd Mar 2009 at 11:59.