PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeHavilland Dove Pic
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 21:32
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Yes it was a rare treat seeing 154 coming in, and Duncan Simpson - the Test Pilot who'd done the first take-off, there to meet her.

I photographed Baz & all you guys, but unfortunately it was using ' Dunsfold Park 's camera; at the airshow a couple of days later I took over 640 shots for them, barely got a thankyou and had to fight for a ticket the next year !

The best ( only ) person to contact is Jerry Forristal, the 2ic, who actuallaly knows an aeroplane from an Aardvark, and is a good guy to help out when he can.

When I took those group shots of your team I asked specifically that you each got a copy; it speaks billions that you haven't got one yet.

I'm sorry, I don't have any of those shots myself, but do have some earlier shots of various happenings above or around Dunsfold - 1979 -93.

Dunsfold Park ( Rutland Group property developers ) hoped to build 2,600 houses on the site and I kid you not, dig up the relatively new laid runway for a ditch, & link it to the Wey & Arun canal to allow 'waterside proprties' !!!

I thought I was having my leg pulled when first told about it, but then I saw the plans - which have since been rejected as for a start the tiny local roads, & the busy / lethal A281 couldn't begin to stand it but they're appealing, etc.

There's a campaign against such desecetaion of an historic airfield; guess which side I'm on !

PM for details.

Regards,

DZ