PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 20:44
chelseaair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status of the flight attendants

Lakerman, jmmitner, thankyou for your posts.
Lakerman, being an air hostess (FA) myself (on the exact same aircraft) it was encouraging to read your post.

Unfortunately the FA's were sitting in the areas most affected. Indeed 2 fwd behind the cockpit and 2 aft (seemingly ending up almost upside down).
The purser (seated outbound, fwd) is recorded as alive (no mention of injuries to any crew though so do not know about the loss of leg or which crew member).
If the other FA sitting at the front was killed then that leave only the 2 in the aft - how they survived let alone having the ability to assist in the evacuation is beyond me.
Relating to 'the' video - there doesn't seem to be 135 people in the vicinity of the aircraft? where are they all? And why is nobody trying to access the flight deck to help the very people who potentially prevented many more fatalities?

I realise this post is mainly of cabin crew interest but I find reading the pilot forums very informative (when you're not having a go at each other!)and you guys on here are the kings and queens of getting information.
I believe as a PU I can also learn a lot from this incident. Anything you find that relates to the cabin crew during your search for information would be greatly received. bring on the CRM!