PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why bother with the A Check?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 17:07
Rallye Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can remember being taken to task for snagging an aircraft in the tech log, as it could then not be used until an engineer had taken a look the next day. That particular school used Post-It Notes instead. One day a man came from the CAA and asked what all these yellows bits of paper were in the tech logs? Ho hum!

I used to fly an Arrow at this club. It needed an awful lot of forward trim to fly straight and level. I mentioned this several times and was told the engineers had checked it and there was nothing wrong.

It was eventually sold and shortly afterwards I moved clubs. The aircraft was sold on again, and by co-incidence an acquaintance of mine bought it and did a lot of work on it inside and out. I knew he had got an Arrow, what I didn't realise at the time was that it was the same one re-registered. This only came to light fairly recently, and when I saw him last I asked about the trim. "Completely knackered" was the reply. Had to be replaced.

I'm glad I don't fly with the old club any more. Especially in today's financial climate.

RD