PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Airbus A330/200/300 The Flying Freezer
Old 1st Mar 2009, 06:48
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring back the cardigans and half the problem is solved. I agree the FAP temp shown is never what it actually is in the cabin. No aircraft I've flown on has had such a variation in temp in different cabin zones. J class are too hot, Y between doors 3 & 4 are freezing their arses off, you can't win!

After awhile of futilely playing with the temp controls on the FAp we give up calling the guys at the front because they get just as sick of adjusting the bloody thing as we do!! I recall at one point extra blankets were being loaded for pax sat at Doors 3 exit rows, as they were too cold even with temp at max.

The suggestion of turning chillers off after themeal service sounds good in theory but I didn't think we were permitted to do that as we are still using items out of carts until right before landing. Once chillers have been off for an hour we can't use the cart contents. Unless of course it's bottled water/whatever but no-one wants room temp water & juice for the arrival service do they??

As I see it, easiest solution for all, give us cardigans. EK have them, Etihad have them, DJ have jumpers, how come we don't have anything ' in between' a blouse and a jacket? No wonder everyone is always off sick with colds/coughs/flu.