PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Airbus A330/200/300 The Flying Freezer
Old 1st Mar 2009, 06:29
DEFCON4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Much to Ask?

I just want to work in a comfortable environment and provide the same for the passengers
I am not interested in the condescending advice from some pompous pratt who dwells in the sandpit and is totally absorbed in his own micro managing self importance
The issues are cold galleys at doors 2 and 4 on the A330 and the stability of temperature throughout the cabin.
Passengers continually complain about the coldness.Qantas only provides a limited number of extra blankets.
Set the temperature to 24 and it is either too hot or too cold.The true temperature in the cabin is not indicative of that displayed on the FAP.It can be 26 in the Cabin..too hot...and it is still freezing in the galleys.
There appears to a fault that is common to all Qantas A330.
I live on these things.Have spoken to the pilots who by their own admission have limited input.
It requires constant monitoring and is never right.I continously walk through the cabin monitoring the temperature and taking note of passengers wearing not only a blanket but also a sweater.I alter the temperature to create a comfortable evironment.It doesnt stay stable for long.Flt level changes also seem to have an impact.
I dont know what the answer is and neither apparently does engineering.
In the meantime we can now rug up
A380 Driver save your sarcasm and unimaginative infantile commentary for some low bar where the non english speaking girls are impressed ...NOT.