PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 05:22
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwiguy;
I'm with DC-ATE.
You are? Do you really understand what he is saying? I don't mean to be unkind but I don't think you do. The examples you cite can be pointed to on all types in all times.
What are the odds of a dual engine failure?
Not just once in 12 months but now twice?
The only source you can cite for this claim is the media.
The naysayers in this case are trying to prevent investigation of all possibilities.
No, I don't think so. The evidence upon which you are making this statement is from an anonymous forum in which the posters' interests and agendas are entirely unknown - sciologists I believe is the term, (which, see below). Nor is anything known from the recorders.

Accident investigators do not do their work in the way you suggest. Under Annex 13, investigators, including the NTSB, examine all possibilities and slowly dismiss theories as facts are established.

Nor does the investigation process function as you suggest in your questions. This forum does not represent the investigative process but it is nevertheless engaging where informed, reserved and respectful postulations are made between professionals of all kinds. Those that don't know but talk anyway, aren't learning and so must have something else in mind when posting theories before facts are known.