PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 01:55
vested interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are you so sure all people were shocked? Many passengers walked away alone (no inguries), not all parts of the aircraft where stressed the same so not all passengers experienced the crash in the same way. If you remembr the B777 short landing in LHR last year, one of the passengers said that it was a bumpy landing!!! When he got out he show theplane was sitting on the grass.

What a comparison; BA038 was an emergency landing, at the edge of an airfield, with a completely intact fuselage, and passengers exited through actual exits. This 737 crashed, lives were lost, and I would be astonished if any survivor considered it a 'bit bumpy'. And people exited the fuselage from the gaping and ragged holes at either end of the main section. I'm sure none of them were in any doubt that they'd survived a pretty signifcant aircrash.

I have no firsthand experience of trauma of this nature (and I'd like the situation to remain) but I'm still amazed that a passenger would think to make a home movie. He/she must have been aware that there were injured and trapped people nearby.

I suppose we're all wired differently.

Last edited by vested interest; 1st Mar 2009 at 02:07.