PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 22:41
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Blue Eyes,

Having studied airline accidents for well over 40 years I've plenty of evidence to know exactly how people behave in survivable accidents - exactly the same as they do in other life threatening situations. Whilst some people freeze, most are spurred by adrenalin to flee. The very last reaction of the survivor is to casually wander around filming or hang around. Those who stay and aren't "frozen" invariably try to rescue the trapped.

As I pointed out, if the video is genuine then a number of text books will need to be re-written. BTW there is more than one orange vest/shirt in the video.

I'm not trying to start any conspiracy theory, merely querying the provenance of the video, particularly the soundtrack which doesn't fit.

The quality is similar to broadcast quality and no small camera phone or small video would be capable of picking up the sound from within the fuselage at the distance shown in the last quarter of the video - the levels hardly vary from those when the filming was inside the cabin - the acoustic is the same.

It would be interesting to know when the teams were allowed in to remove personal belongings from the cabin and map the debris trail in the field.

As to Dimitris I Am's comments, the cabin crew are responsible for the safety of the passengers and the safe evacuation of the aircraft.

Evacuation procedures are predicated on fast exit, get as far away as possible and do not return. The cabin crew are there to see the safe evacuation is completed as far as is humanly possible.