PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2009, 21:43
dimitris_lam

Video

Why are you so sure all people were shocked? Many passengers walked away alone (no inguries), not all parts of the aircraft where stressed the same so not all passengers experienced the crash in the same way. If you remembr the B777 short landing in LHR last year, one of the passengers said that it was a bumpy landing!!! When he got out he show theplane was sitting on the grass.

The fact that there were casualties doesn't mean that the rest surviving is a miracle (that makes it tragic for TV purposes).
It may prove that the casualties where all sitted close to gether in an area of the plane that took a lot of acceleration. My opinion is that most/all of them where in the front (Cockpit, bussines class, stewardess sitting infront).

Also the crew is responsible to get you out of the plane, it is not a babysitter or law enforcer to keep you out. If passengers would run shocke ta the street and get run over bu a car it would be the crews' responsibility?!?!?! It's the same here the other way around (unless you are a lawyer).

I'm no pilot ofcourse, but as a frequent passenger, I see people sweating in light turbulence and clapping at landing. It is obvious that those people will be shocked in a crash event. Others will take the short landing of the B777 as bumpy (cannot find BBC link for that, whoever remembers, remembers).