PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Be Warned
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2002, 18:53
A340Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTQatar if this is the case I see absolutely no need for you to "brown nose" the Dwarf, in fact very much vice versa
However I do insist that his only real achievement is to give QR a bad name. It seems QR have lost even good local guys because of his rantings, and trust me I know a few of them personally. His style of management will be effective in the short term but will deter the higher calliber individuals who are looking for a professional attitude and not a dictatorial regime.
From my humble experience in aviation till now I must say that usually the managers that make the most noise and threats are the one's that are hiding their true inabilities to manage and lead a team of professionals. Respect is not a given, it is earned even on the manager - employee level.
As a captain I show respect to my crew and with my attitude and professional conduct strive to earn their respect. That way onboard we function like a great team. My four bars don't entitle me automatically to be respected.