PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Airbus A330/200/300 The Flying Freezer
Old 28th Feb 2009, 02:11
Back Seat Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LL,
On your next visit to the 330 flight deck, you may want to have a look at the windscreen frame. You will see the ice that forms on the inside of the frame caused by the heat transfer through the metal frame, a piece of metal alloy that runs the full thickness of the airframe, just like the door frame this topic is about. Until they build the frame supports from a non-conductive material, the heat transfer will happen, it's called physics. In the meantime Bulstrode and their kind should toughen up, do something proactive about staying warm and stop whining about how this affects their comfort and their ability to do their job. I bet it's not cold enough to refuse to work there, and instigate a proper workplace investigation. That would require you to make a stand, with all the recriminations that may result. God help us if some of these wimpy little urchins are ever called on in a tough spot.

And LL, I agree, the vast majority of cc are top folk, but a few of them are total drips. Me thinks Bulstrode, having a whinge about this on a pilots forum is pretty feeble.
Bye the bye Bulstrode, be ever-so careful opening those drink cans, might chip a nail if you're not careful.

Last edited by Back Seat Driver; 28th Feb 2009 at 02:22.