PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2009, 11:46
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont buy windshear and I think Rainboe's fuel theory is crazy.Although Dani is technically correct about passengers not surviving true stalls,he is splitting hairs somewhat.This aircraft crashed as it approached the stall.Lemurian's post about dissipation of the energy forces in the crash sequence was very well thought out and perhaps explains why we have so many survivors.
Survivor testimony of engine acceleration in the final moments is very telling in what it implies and what it rules out.
The most plausible thing we have on the table right now is automation complacency/confusion(ie.AT status) brought about by a deadly mixture of distraction,haste and inexperience(training flight).I know that Schiphol controllers are excellent but they can be highly demanding as well.Sometimes their demands can lead to hurried approaches where callouts and careful monitoring are absent and where checklists are completed in the most critical phase(below 1000').May not be the case here but at this stage it should be considered.

Last edited by Rananim; 27th Feb 2009 at 12:12.