PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 22:09
RiSq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Dimitris has said is interesting for sure. I noticed it earlier whilst looking over photos. It looks to me that the aircraft would of continued to slide further, but the front of the aircraft has dug in, hence the front seperation of the plane. It would also explain why the middle of the aircraft is somewhat overlapping the front part of the fuselage (much like what would happen in a train crash, with the front carriage stopping and the rest of the train still in movement.)

What's bothering me are these conflicting reports. I've now read several where people have said the engines sounded like they were requesting more thrust, yet the engines seem somewhat undamaged. It just seems odd to me? Either they are completely wrong or something is not quite right here. What I was trying to piece together was if this was a chain of events rather than one overall failure. One of the engines seems almost perfect whilst the other is damaged but not as much as expected. Could if be that they lost one engine, whilst the other was particially responding? Regarding fire, as I already posted there were one or two reports of one of the engines being on fire briefly after detaching, but soon exinguished itself?

I think our theories could go on forever. Whatever the outcome it seems puzzling what has led to the incident. No Distress call which suggests something happened very quickly, both engines failing at the same time due to starvation? very unlikely is it not? It just seems like an unfortunate chain of events and possibly failures have lead to this. Looking at the posts it seems that even the professionals are stumped to what could be the cause.

I look forward to reading more information from you guys soon.

Ps. I think another evil twist of fate is that the people who could directly assist with the investigation (Flight crew and the Boeing staff) all lost their lives.

Has there been any announcements as to why the Boeing staff were on the plane out of interest? I was just wondering if they were in anyway related to the aircraft in question or just normal passengers.

Last edited by RiSq; 26th Feb 2009 at 22:21.