PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 13:16
DC-ATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dani -
Ah, and DC-ATE, my favorite enemy, is also here! FBW aircraft are not stallable. ... Remember Habsheim.
And a good day to you, Sir!

I will rush right out and buy one after reading that!

As to Habsheim. I do not put much faith in anything that comes out of that investigation for the following reasons:

Air France Flight 296 @ Mulhouse-Habsheim Airport -

The cause of the accident is disputed, as many irregularities were later revealed by the accident investigation.

Third-party investigations into the crash dispute the official findings.[2] Captain Asseline asserted the altimeter read 100 feet (30 m) despite video evidence that the plane was as low as 30 feet (10 m). He also reported that the engines didn't respond to his throttle input as he attempted to increase power. The month prior to the accident, Airbus posted two Operational Engineering Bulletins indicating anomalous behaviour noted in the A320 aircraft. These bulletins were received by Air France but not sent out to pilots until after the accident.

However, the recorders were taken by the civil aviation authorities and held for 10 days until they were finally confiscated. When the recorders were returned, they had been physically opened and the magnetic tape had been tampered with. It could not even be verified that they were the original recorders. The four seconds of recording immediately prior to the crash were missing. In view of this, a judicial report alleged that the aircraft's flight recorders could have been tampered with shortly after the crash.