View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 09:43
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There But For The Grace Of God Go I

Potential double engine flame out?
Potential wing buffeting before impact?
Potential nose high attitude?

The crash scenes of the Turkish B737 could so easily have been the outcome of the BA38 (B777 LHR)….. As the capt from that BA flight; There But For The Grace Of God Go I.

I have my own speculation on this tragic accident; but I am choosing to keep it to myself. I have been a victim of unfair rumour and speculation over the last year; and so for the respect of the crew, their families and colleagues, please be more considerate about the rumours and speculations you are posting. My wife and I have seen many unfair comments on this site about my incident; and would not want any of the Turkish crews’ families to have to read unfair comments regarding their loved ones. During their time of grief and uncertainty, why add to their stress? Whether they want to or not they will end up hearing some of the comments from this site.

If it brings any comfort (to the crews families or other pilots out there), in my incident, at one stage, even though I thought it would be catastrophic, I was not concerned for my life, but only concerned for my passengers and crew. I was consumed with the task in hand and therefore had no fear for my own life. I am sure other professional pilots will react in the same way and for this reason I am sure that the Turkish crew would not have felt fear for their own deaths; as they were endeavouring to save as many lives as possible and would have remained professional to the end.

I hope that all the families of the crew and passengers are looked after with care and respect in the following months and years.

RIP