PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2009, 03:05
pilotbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pprune has been going for around 10 years, of which I have been on for the majority of it. There has never been any change in the way people post and respond when there are accidents and incidents and GUESS WHAT; there never will be. So what is the point of the ridiculous 'post and opinion police' every time coming on saying what people should or shouldn't say. Live with it, your posts are as much use as the ones you are criticising.
If you disagree with them give us an interesting informed argument.
The best way to resolve any investigation is to eliminate first all the most unlikely ideas then you will be left with the answer. So please, people with ideas keep those posts coming. Its called democracy and free expression. Many, many people have died for this right or at least that is what they were told.
If the posts are too ridiculous then they are at least amusing, some very to those of us who do have some knowledge.

As for the new posters asking why there are no condolences required, try reading back a few thousand threads and see where 75% of the thread is taken up with sorry this, sorry that, prayers to some god or other etc. blah blah blah. Planes crash, people die. We know you are sorry, every one is. Why aren't you sorry when people all over the world die from malnutrition, abuse and unnecessary conflict to make money for corporate enterprises.
If you want to start a condolences thread please do so and the mods can make it a sticky which is universal for all accidents.

Oh and I might as well add my speculation for fun to keep the continuity; perhaps the Auto throttle disconnected and no one noticed as there is no alarm. Similar to the Thomsonfly incident a while back.