PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 14:00
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS a 737 Pilot:

I don't know why this plane crashed.

But I would like all of those who might have better views...

what position do the flaps appear in? here in the USA, there has been only brief mention of this tragedy...instead we are getting obama's speech analyzed

TO CNN, please fire( to british people this means SACK) your weather reporter who insists that jet engines have carbuerators, please rehire your award winning aviation/space reporter who at least has a private pilot lic.

I think it is interesting that the plane seems to have been following a 757, but am not convinced this means anything. Exact distances in trail must be known before any speculation on wake turbulence...also position on GS (high or low).

I agree with the poster that the plane trims nose up during a coupled approach.

I agree that when you add power in a 737 the nose goes up. But if you have seen it once, you know.

No mayday, weather not too bad, plane fairly new, airline that hasn't had a huge amount of recent crashes. Something happened quickly...man, machine...we don't know yet.

Pilots have suffered heart attacks at the controls, but that is why we have copilots.

So, let's calm down and wait for the answers. Modern recorders, pilots survived? we should know within 48 hours a clue at least.