PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skyair world
Thread: skyair world
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2009, 01:07
cyclone8888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rup I wont go into the detail i did last time countering your ramblings, however I will say this.

Financing and procuring an Aeroplane is not like renting a car, there may be some truth to leasing companies offering favourable terms to potential operators however they are wise to "creative" accounting and will not deal without seeing some very healthy accounts and collateral.

Something SAW clearly does not have now and it is very difficult to to see them EVER having.

Something that seems to be ignored is that you dont just go handing an aeroplane back, again like a rental car. You do not just roll up at the leasing company and say "thanks guys the tanks are full", it costs serious money and with SAW's track record Aircraft leasing companies will not be falling all over themselves to throw aeroplanes at you. The cost of money is too great and they have all been burnt recently and have protocols in place to minimize their risk. Unfortunately for SAW it is far cheaper and less risky for any aircraft lessor to leave an Aeroplane parked in the desert than it is to fool around with outrageous business plans and ideas.