PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL refusing to takeoff at Logan due to ship
Old 24th Feb 2009, 21:09
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW, do you know how much they clearance they should have had over that ship?

Mutt
He know that No person may takeoff a large turbine transport aircraft registered in the united states after July 1???1958 at a weight greater than that which allow that aircraft to clear all obstacles with a critical power plant assumed failed at a speed Vef.
a. within the airport boundaries by at least 35 feet vertically or at least 200' horizontally
b. After passing the airport boundaries by at least 300' horizontally...

that's what I can think of off the top of my head

perhaps I'll let the passengers expain to you

How much of a reduction is permissible to the OEI gross flight path and what reductions are made therein for 4,3 and 2 engined jet airliners, respectively, in the determination of the NTOFP,...and how it is constructed and matched to the specific obstacles,...?

Then the flite simmer ,..will teach you how using the clearway [of couse he knows what is the %age of Max TORA is allowed in determining the TODA using declared clearway] can increase Max RWY weight in an unbalanced scenario, if the operator so wishes...hey why not ? I wanna know what happens to BF when the stopway to the ASD to creat the EMD and is that EMD predicated on VMBE?

Then the interested spotter can explain to you reduced thrust calculations:

Because Mutt I know you of all folks here need a steep performance tutorial before you can debate the experts

Lester

Mutt,

Re: 75% I think he was attempting to explian in a simple and congenial way how severe the thrust loss can be OEI and that tough requirements have to be met and guesses aren't allowed....but the passenger was just too smart for him

PA

Last edited by Pugilistic Animus; 30th Mar 2009 at 19:42. Reason: bold and to change AEO to OEI