PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 18:36
northumberlandairway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who at this time of the year does not crave sun and warmth? Whilst I can accept that some non-sunshine routes may have a limited shelf-life from NCL (such as BUD), I cannot believe that the good people of the North East ONLY want to fry on the Costas. Don't forget that apprixmately 40,000 new 18 year olds join the NE economy every year.

The economy may be in depression but economic life still exists; KRK had it continued would have been the only route to Poland from between South or West Yorkshire and Edinburgh and I still cannot believe to this day that SXF was an unprofitable route, (nor was BGY for Ryanair). Most people despite the economic doom and gloom are still eating, being clothed, use essential services and travel a bit.

My criticism is that, it seems that the route planning management of EZY have a very south centred and somewhat archaic view of the North East. They seem to think we still keep coal in the bath, race whippets and only want Newcy Broon in Alicante.

Although I have nothing against anyone craving a bit of sun, sand and sangria. It's something I like myself every now and then. I just wish the route planners would look at demographics and be a bit more imaginative. NCL is apparently one of EZY best performing bases and I think this should be acknowledged with a wider range of destinations.