PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 24th Feb 2009, 09:45
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Fella
Would someone like to explain just what is "demeaning" about an identity card. It is not a tattoo on one's forehead. For the whole of my working life, and now as a retiree who still flies, I have had various ID cards, none of which I found demeaning. Lighten up and accept that the ID card might just be useful. Even if it seems to not serve any purpose to an individual, what harm can it cause?
Please read the whole thread. Perhaps you will glean some understanding of the various objections.
I have an ID card for work. I had an ID card in the Armed Forces. I will not have a National ID card with the attached Database issued to me.
You make the sort uniformed comments that typify the sleepwalk into the erosion of civil liberty in the UK.

If you want one then fine have one but don't make the mistake of thinking it's just an ID card....Then again you are speaking from the safe haven of Australia............Wake up! They could still impose it on you lot.

Last edited by call100; 24th Feb 2009 at 10:13.