PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few ASIC questions.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 07:25
andrewpb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do take photo's commercially and I'm trying to get a Press Pass issued,yes I know it doesn't mean I can go wondering around the airport taking photos but apparently I need one in order to take photos commercially. I have also been informed that there is nothing in the regulations about taking photos while in a secure area (unless in hazardous areas) I have been reading around this forum and it has come to my attention that some spotters are indeed arseholes who have no respect for anyone but themselves. I love flying which means I love aircraft and I like to take photos of them, I'm not the type of person to call up a helicopter company and complain that a helicopter was hovering above me causing me to lose my shot It's not the end of the world.

Andrew had given the impression (to me at least) that he misunderstood the authority behind the use of the ASIC. "I will always have a lawful reason to be there" is a very vague comment. I was given the impression that Andrew thought if he had an ASIC, he was legally allowed airside to take photos while he was in his spotters role ie
When I say, "I will always have a lawful reason" that's what I mean I'm pretty sure I did say (correct me if I'm wrong) that I wouldn't go wondering around snapping random pictures of aircraft, if I didn't say it then it deffinately crossed my mind.

I do apologize if I did come off as a tool, but unfortunately you get them in the Aviation industry too.

Kind Regards,
Andrew