PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few ASIC questions.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2009, 01:27
Monopole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I donnot think I said anything 'toolish' to Andrew, nor do I think I was being an @rse.

Andrew had given the impression (to me at least) that he misunderstood the authority behind the use of the ASIC. "I will always have a lawful reason to be there" is a very vague comment. I was given the impression that Andrew thought if he had an ASIC, he was legally allowed airside to take photos while he was in his spotters role ie
does the ASIC allow me into any spots for taking decent photos (besides the tarmac when I'm flying)
Maybe a comment along the lines of "except for a few quick snaps whilst i'm walking to my aircraft", would of been clearer.

My first few comments was suppose to be an analogy. So let me put it another way. Even though I have the keys to my mates house, it still does not give me a lawful reason to be there without his knowledge.

The last part of my post was meant to be (poor) sarcasm. Something that young Andrew is going to have to smarten up on, right or wrongfully, if he wishes to play not only in this sandpit, but this industry.

Then again if you are made aware if this sight
after speaking to a few people who no longer use the board the comments have all been the same.
Well...................................