PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA Fly-IN Tibenham - G-AVTC Nipper re-born
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 07:20
hatzflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fly-in was open to all,it was supposed to be a low key LAA forum fly-in,the first of this year.The idea is to have one fly-in per month at different locations,on a Sat or Sun on the 3rd weekend of the month.See the LAA forum (there is a sticky on the fly in thread) for details.
Norfolk Gliding club very kindly put their wonderfull airfield at my disposal for this,the first event and I was only expecting half a dozen arrivals.
The weather gods smiled on us (my initials are J.C.) and the rest as they say is history.
I was somewhat over-run by the turnout,approx 60 aircraft ,and I am sure everyone that flew in will join me in thanking NGC for letting us stage the flyin and also say thanks for the stirling work behind the counter in the clubhouse.
It was a tiring day for me,I tried to welcome everyone personally but obviously missed some!However it was a wonderfull day and the lasting impression was a day of smiling faces surounded by every sort of aircraft sharing the facilities in perfect harmony,ranging from gliders,weight shift and 3 axis microlights right up to some fairly heavy metal. Exactly what the docter ordered!
The icing on the cake was later in the day seeing my son at the controls of TC with air under its wings.
A perfect day!