PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines in India going to cut Expats pilots...IS IT TRUE??..
Old 23rd Feb 2009, 02:18
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airborneforever: Well written. I only wish that there were more FO's like you in India. If this were true I may have stayed.

Equally true is what has been written above. Pilots of "that" standard would not / should not be permitted solo in a single engine C152, in a "respctable" country's aviation regulatory body, yet in India they are flying A310's, B737NG's, A320's and B777's.

I flew in India and left due the incessant corruption, small mindedness and shear dangerous culture that is so prevalent.

The overwhemling majority is that expats are not welcomed, that those national CPL holders with an "incredible" 250 hrs TT believe a (jet) airline job is a RIGHT, not a priviledge to be earnt. The vast majority of (upper & middle) management, comanders and FO's are so beligerant in their attitude that they cannot see the experience of others purley in view of the colour of their skin or nationality.

AI certainly has a legacy and culture of corruption and severe mediocrity where safety is compromised beyond (my) professional belief. (Hence I left).

"EARNING" an ICAO Category 2 has been well earnt.

So, kick out the expats who offer experience and come from airlines where standards were/are high and SOPs are respected and maintained as a matter of professionalism and as a MINIMUM standard. The DGCA just wants to keep lowering that bar for political gain and, dare I say it, greasing the backhands of too many. Safety?

Last edited by TopTup; 23rd Feb 2009 at 02:33.