PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIPA application for VirginBlue Union registration dismissed.
Old 22nd Feb 2009, 22:07
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
LoFo

I am not FOR the AFAP per se. I am however an advocate for unity.

There are three in the mix.

AIPA who have a proven history of disunity and self interest.

VIPA ,a single focus splinter group of disaffected or unenamoured, who wish to align with the forementioned disunity/self centred group, and

AFAP who have the ability and resources the structure and the legal standing to represent all, under the one umbrella.

It's a no brainer to me.

As previously stated. If you are unhappy with the outcomes, be proactive, get yourself into the equation and take control of you own destiny, within the existing structure. Nominate for your council, take a few likeminded mates in there with you and mould the outcomes to what you want. If you are persuasive enough you will get on council. If you are not, your workmates wont vote for you, and democracy will have been served.

Fragmentation serves no one well.

Nunc.
Thankyou for taking the liberty of answering for me, unrequested.
It has been my understanding that both Cant and Westwood became managers within the Training and Standards area. Is that not correct?

Jetbest
that less than 10% of current AIPA members were everin the AFAP "longhaul division" which became AIPA in the 1980s. Old prejudices die hard...
Yes. Particularly when the reason for those prejudices reappears, as they did with the IPA/Jetstar guys.

Maui