PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airlines crewed by ????
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 11:23
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

What they are saying is that if you get a job with AA as a flight attendant that you won't be able to just transfer across with super, long service, seniorority etc accruing.

As for the pilot deals, I'm led to believe that it is a leave without pay sort of deal from QF but with super and LSL accruing as per normal. Pay and conditions as per AA on a fixed term period as you negotiate with the Aussie.

After that, you return to wherever your QF seniorority number allows you to go to or sign on again with Australian. Also led to believe that there is no transferring between bases during your contract period but you may be able to transfer at the end of your period at the base you signed on for in the first instance. (that is assuming that they open another pilot base!)

Flight Attendants are a whole seperate deal and no one that I've spoken to knows the first thing about the F/A deal or what is being negotatied.

Whilst anything is possible, I don't think Aussie would take just some crews in the first instance and then take contracters on unless they don't get enough crews internally. IF that were the case, I'm assuming that they would still have a QF seniorority number but wouldn't be able to come back from Aussie to QF as skippers for about 10 years or so at current promotion rates.