PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Private Jet Management change
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2009, 18:51
deskjockey101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting replies

Dr Wissel is now my new colleague. I have no idea why he moved (it certainly wasn't money!!) however i do know that the business model that drives VistaJet is possibly the only one of the big co's (outside the US) that gives it the best chance to succeed in the current market. For the following reasons. VistaJet have both customers with regular payments and charter (Netjets have no access to the charter market so when customers dont fly, the aircraft cant fly at all and the costs remain the same), VistaJet have customers from all over the world with charter, and fixed customers from New York to Beijing, (NJ Europe are EU only, with a franchise in ME), and most importantly VistaJet have no aircraft that are out of warranty and therefore maintainance is at a minimum. NJ !!!!!!!!!! would you want to be fixing plenty aircraft over 3-10 years old!!

Both are excellent companies, but the models that drive them are 25 years apart.

Hope this helps

DJ101

P.s. Charter is down globally, but youd be surprised what a difference it makes to your deadhead when you own your aircraft and therefore dont have to bring them home empty just for the owner (even if it's paid for VJ dont have to spend the money on fuel)...