PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyberexams
Thread: Cyberexams
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 01:32
tealady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cyberexams

I know many pilots who are trying to book in to do their CPL and ATPL exams. As most of you out there know, the contract for conducting these exams has been let to a NZ firm. Now , this company was required to provide an Australia wide service matching as closely as possible the previous geographic locations as was provided by CASA. The Broadmeadows location has been dropped and now students from the west must travel to the other side of Melbourne. Exam sittings were to have been available 5 days a week during business hours, CPL exams are currently only available from Monday to Wednesday inclusive. Now, the cost. How can the ACCC let CASA get away with an increase from $50 to over $400 for the CPL exams? Many schools have spent 10s of 1000s of dollars installing computer systems just to run the PPL cberexams and they are running them without too many glitches. I am sick to death of CASA penalising the good operators for the actions of the bad operators. It would be just as effective for the industry to run the cyberexams as ASL - cheaper and it would keep the money in the industry where it is needed. If you have gripes about the new system, do what I do and call CASA on 131757 and speak to Rod Carter in Cyberexams.
Complain to the ACCC. Don't just sit back and accept the treatment being dished out.