PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2002, 00:55
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oswaldo:

And as for someone criticising our Flt Deck Crews, the guys I've spoken to relate a slightly different tale: one of astonishment by BA cabin crew that they are spoken to as human beings, that they are even allowed to converse with the high and mighty Flt Deck Crew at all.

Now I know your talking bollox, unless its your flight crew you're talking about. I think you have been talking to some fantasist colleagues of yours if you're trying to imply some imaginary divide between flight deck and cabin crew at BHX or even MAN. Perhaps you should tag along on a nightstop, or maybe come to next years flight&cabin crew xmas bash, or even just travel on one of our flights to learn the truth.

For the ground staff, can't argue directly, but such of our guys as I have spoken to report fantastic service at Gatwick, and an awful service at Birmingham.

Again, you've been speaking to the delusional! I challenge you to find a station anywhere on the BA network that has more efficient and willing ground staff than BHX, and I include all BA staffed stations we serve, all stations staffed by 3rd party contractors and all charter destinations. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE turns around an A319 faster. Ramp staff, engineers, despatchers, customer service, cleaners, cabin crew, flight crew, ops staff, crew controllers. Everybody works together, on first name terms with no pompous heirarchies, to get the job done quckly and properly. I can only assume that your colleagues who spin you this absolute garbage include the BACE Captain who shouted at one of our dispatchers "YOU! I WANT AN F'ING GPU ON THIS F'ING AIRCRAFT RIGHT F'ING NOW". He probably still wonders why nobody has the time of day for him. He never got the GPU either.