PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIPA application for VirginBlue Union registration dismissed.
Old 20th Feb 2009, 22:27
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
contrails03

You brand my post as being "unbalanced".

As a statement of an actual condition, balance does not come into the equation. If I was comparing the provisions of one product against those of another, then there would an element of "balance" or "unbalance".

Does the policy not state at 4.1
The Underwriters may at their option settle the claim in yearly installments and require proof of the continuing disability if in their opinion it is not unlikely that the Licence(s)/Certificate(s) will be restored or the revocation cancelled and/or similar Licence(s)/Certificate(s) may be obtained anywhere in the world within five years of the Date of Loss
Does the policy not say at 5.7 b)
the inability of The Insured Person to obtain any similar Licence(s)/Certificate(s) anywhere in the world within a period of sixty (60) months from the date of the issuance of the unfitness assessment or revocation
Does the policy not state at Item 7 Insured events and Compensation
7.2.1 and 7.2.2 2% per month
7.2.5 Benefit period 12 months following Excess Period
Does 12 months multiplied by 2% per month not equal 24%.?

Pray tell, what is unbalanced about those quotes.

On the other hand if you were suggesting that I am unbalanced. Who knows? Krusty34 will agree with you, but it concerns me not at all.

Don Diego
In answer to your question.
You must notify the insurer within 30 days, or no deal. Then the clock starts ticking and you will have to wait for 90 days after the insurer recieves that notification or in the case of an "Undiagnosed Illness" 180 days.

Maui