PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR rules & regulation
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 12:23
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magoo,

This is not about these little things on their own! Try to see the overall picture:

1)Culture whereby reporting is your fast track to promotion!

2)CS/CSD are given the idea by their management that they do have the power to overrule the Captain!

3) Overall atmosphere of disrespect towards the pilots!

This used to be much worse before and it ahs changed a lot, but we still have lots of idiots with these ideas working in the same airplanes!

I have noticed, especially lately after a lot of the 100% QR cabin crew ( no previous experience in other airlines), recently promoted to CS/CSD, show an unusually bad attitude towards the cockipt crew in general, and towards the captain in particular. When all goes well, you will not even see them! They yawn when you mention the word crew briefing but in general they will smile and say nothing!
Now when things get worse, or when you dare to ask them a question (just try the cockpit door code for one) they will start to act nasty!
It seems to me that in these latest batches of cabin managers () the sentence " disrespect your flight crew" has been spoonfed throughout the course!

It will take you every bit of CRM training you ever received to work properly together with these people, I can tell you that! (apologies for generalisation, the few good ones will know this is not about them)

So whenever I see a CS/CSD on my crewlist with seniority number 7900 and below, I am more or less relaxed as I know I will not have to face this kind of attitude. Now all I need is this completed list we are talking about....