PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 18th Feb 2009, 04:51
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 172 Likes on 66 Posts
Firstly I am not a cadet, and do not owe £60k+. I do not know how you came to that conclusion. Probably the same place your "informed" knowledge comes from.
Snippy.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I'm not going to continue down this path as it leads absolutely nowhere. I am also not about to publish the T&Cs of the flexicrew agreement on a public forum, especially since they are still in discussion.
Ummm, its not really a secret you know. The plan for the use of Flexi cadets has been pdf'd and emailed to thousands of staff in several airlines for one thing.

I'm not sure where you plucked that £1000 a month from, then for the next poster to say the bond payment also has to come out of that is a little far fetched.
CTC will be paying flexi cadets £1,000 a month subsistence allowance tax free. The airline will pay the cadet sector pay which is taxed at normal rates. That's not plucked from anywhere. This is in the first six months of the cadetship for which read: summer.

Pay for a cadet entering easyjet is a rather modest £28k. You pay none of this towards your loan, this is a cadet salary and your loan payments are paid by the airline to APL as an extra on top of your salary. You DO have to pay about £200 a month extra to cover interest etc but this is easily covered by your sector pay. During your line training for 6 months you do get £1000 a month interest free but again, most cadets should finish line training before they are even due to start repaying their loan.
Thats when you get a full time contract. That's not the six months of summer spent as a flexi cadet. Hello winter - goodbye flexi cadet.

The flexicrew agreement has been designed to allow cadets, who have not been offered a contract at the end of LT, to continue to build hours as well as be able to repay their loan. Do you honestly think CTC would create such a plan if it meant their own cadets would not be able to repay their loan? That would spell the end for CTC with almost immediate effect. I can tell you that the agreement so far "implies" that cadets will be staying with easyjet whilst on flexicrew and get guaranteed income and days work. I'd rather not say how much or how many.
Imply whatever you want but all new Captains promoted in easyJet will be full time in the summer, part time in the winter and the missing summer FO's are flexi cadets..

In one way you do actually make me smile, but mainly because you remind me of the guy from Dad's Army - "Don't panic! Don't panic Mr Mannering!!"

Again, you misunderstand. For over 18 months now I have been shouting "Do Panic! Do Panic!" because I had an accurate mental model of how the economy and the airline industry and the monetary system was going to cave in. A view that until six months ago people were still laughing at.

All around you are composed and know there are sacrifices to be made, yet you still want to incite this panic in people as though the world is going to end.

Since 1971 the world has run an experiment in Fiat currency linked to nothing. This unstable model is now collapsing. It is perfectly arguable to contend that the world is ending as we have known it.

nt; as you were.

Aye, you too.

Bankers by virtue of their privileged position at the spigots of credit have over the years garnered for themselves a disproportionate slice of the world’s wealth. The best description of their wealth is from a banker himself, Sir Josiah Stamp, at the time in1927 the 2nd richest man in England and former head of The Bank of England:

Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money.