PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 18th Feb 2009, 04:27
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen
I can understand the Yank not understanding....They understand little and in general think the State can do not wrong...The one thing a NID will not cure is illegal immigration. By it's very nature it is 'Illegal' as it is in every other country with or without ID. So it won't cure their Mexican problem.....
However, It does not matter what is in place now. There is nothing to say it can't be changed by a society slowly waking up to the State.
Biometric chips have already been cloned, So no matter how technical some want to make the argument, they are not going to convince me.
This Government have even thought ahead to people resisting the fines that will be levied for not changing (constantly) information held about them. They quietly changed the rules on Bailiffs to allow them to force entry. Something that has not been allowed for 400 years.
Despite EU legislation I do not think the NID is inevitable. My very nature does not allow me to be so defeatist.
Once again, I admire BALPA and the Pilots willing and able to resist the further creep of the Police state.