PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR rules & regulation
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 02:41
mkdar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I hear about QA, AAB is trying to do a good job running the Airline, he just does not seem to know how.
For instance, preventing cabin crew from serving OJ to pilots is a practical application of the principal: customers come first.
The way he tries to implement it however, is shabby.
He employs a system of in house monitoring and reporting, along with a strict military conduct. These two systems don’t mix, not to mention that it’s harmful and often it backfires.
When he insists on pilots wearing the uniform hat while on duty any time they do not have a solid roof above there heads, this is a military Practice , when he employs in house reporting and monitoring , he diminishes the essence of the very same military principal.
The military is a group of rules , not just one. For the system to work : every thing must be applied, one can not be selective to which one he likes or does not like.
The way the military works as far as reporting is concerned is the military police. But, under no circumstances will any one be allowed to report his superior officer!
You try and report a higher officer in the army and see what will happen : they will eat you alive!

This black list you guise came up with, although is a great sign of you uniting, is a very bad idea, it deepens the principal of : divide to concur. It is exactly what AAB is counting on for his shabby system to work, you alienate the cabin crew against you and it makes things worse for every one.

AAB needs a crush course on managing civilian outfit, and you need to be more informed about subtle tactics employed by management.
Don’t push Cabin crew away, embrace them, they are in the same boat as you.

To measure AAB success in running the airline, he needs to ask himself the following question : if I ask my employees , would you accept a 50% pay cut to help the airline?
If he thinks the answer is yes, then he is a successful manager.

Lee Iacocca of Chrysler, asked his employees this question years ago, the answer was : yes . They took a pay cut till the company came around to making money again.
Here I am talking about management throwing advices left right and centre, when I should be sleeping because I have a flight and I should rest, and it’s not even the airline I work for!
Typical pilot behaviour.