PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ Pay
Thread: Jetstar NZ Pay
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 23:36
empacher48

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I am so pleased there are a lot of intelligent posts in this thread...

I would've thought that the Aussies who think they are being undercut by the New Zealand operation would be trying to help the New Zealand operation get its T&C's equalled out with themselves. Otherwise enough Jetconnect pilots who may loose their jobs now, NZ based regional pilots with shiny jet syndrome and kiwis based overseas who have lost their jobs in Europe or around the world) who would take anything to feed their families will mean that the Aussie operation will quietly move off shore and the managers of Jetstar will get their bonuses this year.

But the name calling is really going to help the Australian based pilots make sure that they keep their jobs and the same (or better) T&C's. You're not going to stop certain people taking jobs with worse T&C's, especially those who see the job as an easy way to get into the pointy end of a jet, but name calling those people and abusing them is one sure fired way to get them standing with you to change the T&C's in the future.

If you want to improve the situation stand together, don't point the finger at them, otherwise they'll just give you the one finger salute and tell you to jog on, wait until they're all on board and then collectively work to improving them.

But hey what do you all care? Its quite entertaining watching adults, professional pilots with many many years experience in aviation, go at each other worse than a 5 year old in a school playground.

Last edited by empacher48; 17th Feb 2009 at 23:38. Reason: typing dyslexia