PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 17th Feb 2009, 18:33
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JOFM I think youve missed my point.
we should fight against it - no matter how small the victory because it is the thin end of a huge wedge.
At which point would you stand up for your human rights?
did you argue against the detention without trial of 'suspected football hooligans' 10 years ago? Or suspected terrorists more recently?
What about the ban on encrypted emails? or the sweeping snooping powers given to local authority beaurocrats who can now use almost all means to spy on you without ever going near a judge or a court? What about number plate reading cameras and their databases of your movements? did you argue against those? what about the new powers that allow government agencies to take away your passport and driving licence and dock your wages - again without all the bothersome worry of going to court? Nope?
When are you going to stand up?
when the stazi kick your door down and drag your kids away?

You think I'm blowing this out of proportion? well look where this country is now with human rights and freedoms and then think back 10 years. You, nor I would ever have beleived that all these restrictions on our freedoms came to pass without a whimper from a cowed population awed by a shiny toothed smiling idiot and a fat scottish control freak. Where will be in 10 years time? well I can guarantee one thing, if we don't start to push back then we deserve everything we get.
Its time for us to re-establish the principle that the government are our servents, not us, their slaves.