PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 17th Feb 2009, 10:00
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Civil Pilot, I had a look at that site.

Buried in it is the following piece of news..
ID interrogation centres are being set up all around the UK (see map, left). To begin with there will be 69, on top of the existing Passport Offices. A company called Mapeley, which owns the offices of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), was given the job of setting them up.
Well now, I knew about the centres, but I didn't know that Mapeley is one of the firms that will earn billions form the Great ID Card Scam.

Now Mapeley is well known as the company to which the Treasury sold all its Inland Revenue properties for a tiny fraction of their value, only to lease them back again at rates well above the market rates.

It then took all that business offshore so as to avoid paying tax on the income from the Treasury. It is registered in Guernsey, where it is represented by a solicitor with a local reputation. Another triumph for Great Britain's Treasury under good ole Gordon.

The company is essentially run by a load of shysters who have a number of polticians in their pockets. So it's no surprise that their snouts are in the ID Card Bonanza trough. The question is, which politicians and civil servants are being paid off for that? There are 4, perhaps 5 of them.