PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 17th Feb 2009, 09:59
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Profit Max:
The ID card only contains my name, my picture, my date and place of birth, my height, my eye colour, my address and an ID card number (which changes every time you get a new ID card).

I do not really understand the reluctance of the Brits to such an ID card
My opposition would be a lot less if thatwas what was on offer. The UK scheme is for a card carrying every bit of info about me that the government decide. It is totally insecure, and linked to a central dtabase of such Orwellian proportion, it should scare the cr@p out of everyone.

Adatabase available to just about any public servant who feels a needto access it. Late library books anyone.We know wh you are.

And why are we being picked as first in line?

Simple. The Gov know that the British people have a deep distrust and traditional dislike for such measures.

They also have a fair regard for professionals such as us.

So by denying us access to an airside pass unless we 'volunteer' for an ID card, it can be wheeled out to the great unwashed that Airline pilots, those trustworthy individuals, all volunteered, so what could possibly be the problem with you following suit?